12.15.2010

37/2010

My breakfast nowadays is this tasty yoghurt-jam-nut mixture. Organic yoghurt, organic jam and nut compote. The nut compote contains of walnuts, hazelnuts, almonds, cashews and pistachios. It´s flavored with vanilla, cinnamon, cloves, chilli, sugar and rhum. Don´t worry, I´ve boiled away all the alcohol in the rhum to prevent having a shot first thing in the morning...


Chocolate. What would life be without chocolate? Pretty boring IMO. The chocolates above are filled with prunes soaked in madeira. They are heavenly. Candy treats for grown ups!
Mustard. I love mustard. Especially on eggs...thanks Tommy for the tip. Yet I have to try it on cheese though. I´ve heard Dutch cheese would be best for that...The white jar contains mustard with tarragon. It´s made out of Colman´s Double Superfine Mustard Powder. It´s so strong your brains almost blows out of your head. I think I have to tone it down a little bit by adding cream and oil to it before I serve it to guests. Wouldn´t want them to go home brainless...
The mustard in the glass jar is made of mustard seed. It has no special added flavor to it yet. And it´s kind of bitter. Maybe I´ll add some brandy and honey to it next week.
All recipes are from the book "The scent of cinnamon and fir tree". And I posted all my christmas cards today so I´m good for a little while.

4 kommenttia:

Eija kirjoitti...

Niin herkullisen näköisiä:)

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

Can't wait to come home and eat all these treats!! <3

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

... I mean if you still have any of them left :)

-a

petrakarhu kirjoitti...

mutmitämitä käy jos suklaan hinta nousee? O_O toisaalt mulle jäi epäselväks nouseeko se vai ei : D